<$BlogRSDURL$>
Architecture for Humanity - SF
Thursday, February 12, 2004
 
SUNDAY AFTERNOON I am going to visit JIM REID, former 4 time SF Mayoral Candidate, at his house where he will show and discuss his project ShelterOne. I bumped into Jim at a high noon rally for Daly’s anti-demolition last Monday, where he told me he is in the process of being evicted. Habitat for the Homeless has been Jim’s battering ram at City Hall for years now trying to promote solutions that empower homeless people directly, through building. He will have much to tell of his life in the trenches and his grassroots attempts to mobilize a shift in City Hall’s thinking.

Speaking of Homelessness, Alioto is getting to work on assembling her own committee, of which I am still trying to hustle an interview for myself. She is preaching diversity, and I would like to think I might be able to help here fulfill that obligation.

REMINDER, next WEDNESDAY 02.18 / couple more events I have scheduled for us. At 4PM we will meet the architects for another TNDC WALKING TOUR, the 8th/Howard St Project . They will show us one of the nicest mixed use affordable housing project s recently built in the city and answer all our crazy questions. The work of our own Factory1 is displayed in the building as well.

and FOLLOWING the Walking Tour, I will hop BART out to the East Bay for this Lecture Event: UC BERKELEY SPRING 2004 ARCHITECTURE LECTURE SERIES - Teddy Cruz () 7:00 PM 112 Wurster Hall, UC Berkeley Campus.

DOWN TO THE DEBATE

I spent my mini-vacation attending meetings and focusing on the Trinity Plaza debate.

Board of Supervisors’ approve Anti-Demolition Ordinanace. Some say this is Chris Daly speaking at his all time best. And whether you agree with him or not this is the type of legislation that is stirring the debate in this city that has been overshadowed by much profiteering between developers and the government for the last decade.

Land Use Committee hearing on Trinity, great public testimony from Randy Shaw & Ted Gullicksen, and about 75 others.

John Elberling puts his bargain on the table.

Powered by Blogger